п»їExam 1 Analyze Guide
1) What is biology?
the study of lifestyle
2) Which in the following is not a house of your life?
A) Populations of organisms are not able to change with time. B) Life exhibit complex but ordered organization.
C) Organisms respond to environmental stimuli.
D) Creatures take in strength and use it to perform all of life's activities. E) Organisms replicate their own kind.
3) Exactly what are the two key processes that ecosystems rely upon? nutrient biking and flow of energy
4) Which from the following buildings can perform all of the activities required for life? cells
5) Relative to prokaryotic cells, eukaryotic cells are usually ______. larger and more sophisticated
6) Which domain(s) consist(s) of prokaryotic cells?
Bacterias and Archaea
7) Which of the is most carefully associated with Darwin?
8) What accounts for different breeds of domesticated dogs? unnatural selection
9) What is the between finding science and hypothesis-driven technology? Discovery science is mostly about describing characteristics, whereas hypothesis-driven science attempts to explain characteristics.
10) A speculation is a(n) ______.
11) Just how can hypotheses differ from theories?
Theories are definitely more comprehensive than hypotheses.
12) ______ is a good example of an element.
13) A great atom with a positive charge has ______.
even more protons than electrons
14) Every atoms associated with an element have a similar number of ______. protons
15) Isotopes of an component have the same volume of ______ and various numbers of ______. protons... neutrons
16) Nitrogen comes with an atomic volume of 7; consequently , it has ______ electrons in its outermost electron shell. 5
17) The bond between oppositely charged ions is a(n) ______ connection. ionic
18) The hydrogens and oxygen of a water molecule are held together by simply ______ you possess. covalent